Wandering with Shadows
- Carrie Fisher and the Dark Side of Mental Illness — john pavlovitz Jun 22, 2017 - Carrie Fisher’s autopsy reports were released this week, revealing that at the time of her death she had a cocktail of numerous illicit and prescription drugs in her system. The news, as it always does with public figures, prompted a new wave of grief, and a fresh round of moralizing on the wastefulness of addiction…… via … Continue reading Carrie Fisher and the Dark Side of Mental Illness — john pavlovitz
- Vroom, Vroom Jun 08, 2017 - I did watch a pig race at the State Fair once.
- The Simplest May 26, 2017 - Even as an adult in his second fifty years of childhood, I am still quite very able to procrastinate and hem and haw and dawdle the time away when a simple event that should be thrilling and exciting creates waves of overwhelming anxiety deep in the hollows of my being. Hence, I take a day … Continue reading The Simplest
- What would drive them May 20, 2017 - Another celebrity has taken their life. Once again people are aghast. Yes, it is a tragedy. However, the public comments are what I notice. I can’t ever imagine. Why would someone do that. Or, my favorite. “They should
- Sometimes Steps May 14, 2017 - Overflowing to the floor, organized in correct piles...
More “Wandering with Shadows” Entries
- Coming Home Jun 18, 2017 - We are many, but we are one. All are welcome to come together and celebrate. We are sacred people, coming home!
- FWD: An Open Letter to Rev. Franklin Graham from a “Small Church” Pastor May 19, 2017 - ... I can’t say I have ever experienced anything in this country that could reasonably be called a restriction on my religious liberty, much less persecution. ...
- Help Me, Christian—I Can’t See Jesus May 03, 2017 - Christian, I have a problem that maybe you can help me with. I keep hearing you Christians tell me that I need Jesus; that he is my only hope, that he is the one who saves, that the best life available here is lived by knowing him. Many of you have spoken to me with…… via … Continue reading Help Me, Christian—I Can’t See Jesus
- God, Church, and Gay Loneliness Mar 29, 2017 - God, Church, and Gay Loneliness March 27, 2017 by David and Constantino Khalaf
- Together Alone Mar 28, 2017 - Together Alone — The Epidemic of Gay Loneliness by Michael Hobbes
More “Prairie Rainbow” Entries
Letters to the Editor:
- Liberty includes respect for others Mar 17, 2017 - Is there a slow death of religious liberty? In America, protected classes include race, color, national origin, choice of religion, disability, and familial status. What reason must ones chosen religion, which is a protected class, need additional Religious Freedom laws?
- Do what is right to clean up our state Oct 16, 2016 - Do what is right to clean up our state Kevin Tengesdal, Bismarck Oct 25, 2016 Dear Christians here in North Dakota, greetings. You have been invited to spend a time at your friend’s home as a house-sitter. From the time you arrive to the time you depart, how do you treat their home? Do you … Continue reading Do what is right to clean up our state
- Negatives in trading deal Dec 19, 2015 - Negatives in trading deal KEVIN TENGESDAL Bismarck Dec 19, 2015 The Obama administration wants to fast-track the largest free trade agreement in history, the Trans-Pacific Partnership, covering more than 40 percent of world GDP and about a third of world trade. This would establish trade relations with countries where workers face systemic abuse with either … Continue reading Negatives in trading deal
- Acts don’t fit religion Aug 15, 2015 - Acts don’t fit religion KEVIN TENGESDAL Bismarck Aug 15, 2015 Recently, religious institutions appear to be heralding a separation from all things they deem offensively gay — marriage equality, Boy Scouts, anti-discrimination, lifestyles, etc.
- Monologue needs to change toward LGBT people Apr 30, 2015 - Letter to the editor: Monologue needs to change toward LGBT people By Kevin R. Tengesdal from Bismarck on Apr 30, 2015 at 7:22 a.m. Perhaps, we need to change the monologue. Instead of saying, “God hates gay people,” say, “God Hates [name of family member or friend who is lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender!”
More “Letters to the Editor”
CLICK HERE TO JUMP TO TOP