Dear Frank Can I call you Frank? This is just pastor to pastor. Feel free to call me Peter. Anyway, I have to say I was flattered when I learned that your Decision America Tour took a detour off the…
Read the Complete Letter at: An Open Letter to Rev. Franklin Graham from a “Small Church” Pastor
It distresses me tremendously to witness these American Christian Fundamentalists continually bastardizing the Faith of Christ by screaming “PERSECUTION!” each time they deem themselves under attack for being asked to serve. A few questions that I, Kevin, have for those promoting these Religious Liberty Laws, and claiming that they are being unjustly persecuted:
- Where in the gathered writings of Scripture does it command you to deny service to another human?
- How exactly does baking a cake as a paid vendor force you to be a willing participant in said wedding? What about the Christian gun-seller? Are they a willing participant in the crime where that gun killed someone?
- Are these Religious Freedom Laws an evangelism tool to draw people to Christ, or are they a weapon to drive people away?
- Are gays and lesbians forcing you to convert by asking you to not discriminate against them? How does that work?
- Is ones chosen religious lifestyle, which is a protected class, worthy of protection when they discriminate against people just for being who they are?
If this country is a Christian nation as many want to claim, pursuing these Religious Freedom (to discriminate) Laws are completely derailing our witness in Christ.